EBI mobilized to this hydro plant to perform isolated phase bus modifications to accommodate the GSU and SST replacement on two Units.
- Fabricated and installed multiple doghouses on each GSU and meggered for isolation.
- Fabricated adapter frames for each doghouse to accommodate inconsistencies with the Xfmr hole pattern discovered while onsite.
- Fabricated and installed new SST doghouses and meggered for isolation.
- Assisted with final alignment of each GSU.
- Fabricated and installed multiple conductor pieces and performed fit up and weld out.
- Fabricated and welded shorting plates to bond each set of GSU doghouses.
- Fabricated and welded enclosure covers on IPB.
- EBI torqued and meggered all bolted connections.
- EBI performed a field IPB bus duct acceptance DC Hi-Pot test per IEEE standards on each unit.
- Project was finalized by measuring for new EBI supplied LV braids for the GSU terminations and painting all welded areas.
After successfully performing the scope of work, EBI cleaned their work area and demobilized all crew and equipment.