EBI mobilized a team of technical representatives to this natural gas facility to perform a visual walkdown inspection and root cause analysis of the non-segregated bus run after a failure had occurred. After determining the root cause, EBI established a repair plan and began executing the following scope:
- EBI removed the damaged section of bus, refurbished the damaged bus bars, supports, seal off and reworked the metal enclosure
- Supplied and replaced damaged braids
- Performed refurbishment of 22 bus bars
- Repaired 2 damaged bus bars
- Repaired, cryogenically cleaned and repainted approx. 30′ of non-seg bus enclosure
- Inspected and reworked heating circuits as needed
After successfully performing the scope of work, EBI cleaned their work area and demobilized all crew and equipment.