We value diversity and welcome talented people from a variety of backgrounds to join us as we continue to grow and provide superior power utility construction services and maintenance to our clients. Our employees are leaders in their field and dedicated to ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
EBI is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Discrimination based upon race, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or other characteristics protected by law is not tolerated in our workplace. In addition to prohibiting such discrimination, we attempt to create an environment that recognizes the value of diversity and enhances the opportunity for success of all employees.
Director of Technical Sales and Project Development – Must be willing to work from St. Cloud, MN office
The Director of Technical Sales and Project Development will be responsible for driving the sales growth of customers as well as development and successful execution of effective project plans in the energy industry. In partnership with the technical and sales team, duties include lead generation, account planning, new account development and/or the expansion of opportunities within existing accounts. The Director of Technical Sales and Project Development is expected to become proficient with offered services using technical, organization and client knowledge to influence and assist customers in applying services to satisfy their needs, resulting in revenue generation and profit growth.
The ideal candidate will;
- have an engineering degree or equivalent experience specific to the energy industry
- possess the ability to drive projects through key development milestones and interpret technical intricacies of a project including proposal development activities,
- will act as primary point of contact with clients throughout the proposal development and project securement process,
- provide vision, training and guidance to the sales and proposal development team while ensuring sales goals are accomplished.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Development and implementation of sales strategies (service sales not product sales) and plans to maintain and grow established business as well as creation of new business opportunities and meet if not exceed corporate revenue objectives.
- Cultivate and maintain positive customer relationships with clients, owners, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, EPC’s and other company personnel, including visits to strategic customers.
- Provide and lead product and service presentations to customers and prospects as identified, developed and/or assigned.
- Represent the company and participate in industry trade shows/forums/conferences to promote services toward further name recognition and growth.
- Present project proposals and negotiate pricing and contract details, as warranted and assigned.
- Responsible for providing training and familiarization of the newly assigned manufacturers reps and ongoing maintenance and management of these reps.
- Responsible for managing sales and project development department.
- Responsible for managing CRM tool implementation and use.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in Engineering, Sales, Construction, Project Management, Power Generation Industry. MBA or related Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years industry experience; knowledge of industry business drivers and motivators regarding sales, business development, alliances, and continuing service agreements;
- 5+ years of exceptional people management
- Demonstrate ability to deliver on large scale utility energy development projects.
- Ability to pass background check, drug test and post offer pre-employment placement testing
- Proven track record of using analytics to solve complex business (business model) problems through a channel model to solve customer pain and increase overall sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in building sales strategy and deal-scope/deal-desk approach to accelerate decision making
- Must be willing and able to travel as required and directed, up to 50%
Demonstrated leadership skills – especially working cross-group/cross-boundary in a fast-paced organization