We value diversity and welcome talented people from a variety of backgrounds to join us as we continue to grow and provide superior power utility construction services and maintenance to our clients. Our employees are leaders in their field and dedicated to ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
EBI is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Discrimination based upon race, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or other characteristics protected by law is not tolerated in our workplace. In addition to prohibiting such discrimination, we attempt to create an environment that recognizes the value of diversity and enhances the opportunity for success of all employees.
Client Relations and Business Development Specialist
The Client Relations and Business Development Specialist will be responsible for the identification, development and support of industrial electrical construction projects and service opportunities by creating new and building on existing client relationships. This individual will provide market presence to achieve market share growth. The position requires initiating new commercial accounts and targeted clients as well as mining the existing database to generate new sales.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with customers and strategic teaming partners.
- Identifying, evaluating and securing new project opportunities in the United States
- Developing prospect win strategies and supporting preparation of proposals and presentations to win new business opportunities.
- Coordinating with internal company stakeholders in formulating win strategy and leads proposal preparation with customer to ensure business objectives are met.
- Maintaining and Improving relationships with customers and building relations with prospective customers. This includes keeping informed of customers’ current and future plans for growth, projects, and requirements.
- Responsible for stakeholder awareness of business development activity and strategy of competitors.
- Maintains active presence in the industry.
- Knowledge of Power Generation market including the operating companies, engineering and project management contacts within the utility.
- Thorough understanding of company capabilities, operations and services.
- Experience in sales. Knowledge in preparation of win plans, pre-positioning, targeting, pursuit and capture of strategic prospects.
- Ability to sell company’s value proposition, execution approach and commercial positions to customers through knowledge and authenticity.
- Assist in developing and facilitating the proposal process for specific clients/sponsors including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client presentations.
- Bachelors Degree – Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred or equivalent
- High Standard of written and spoken English language
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business) with a proven track record of success
- Must be willing and able to travel as required, up to 75%
- Demonstrative ability for knowledge in electronic communication and computer literacy as needed to accomplish sales tasks
- Demonstrate a professional phone demeanor and excellent grammar
- Superior written and oral skills
- Detail oriented with outstanding organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently to meet sales goals
- Outstanding presentation skills with sales motivation
- Demonstrative ability to be consistent with Electrical Builders Vision and Values, particularly entrepreneurial behavior (getting things done) and ethical behavior
- Summer Internship: Late May – August
20 Hours Per Week in Office
- JOB DESCRIPTION
Work with our team to build on knowledge in your prospective field. Tasks include, but are not limited to: editorial activities including assisting with marketing collateral updates, supplier registrations and other various independent projects.
- REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Strong communication/writing and editing skills
- Online/web experience (LinkedIn execution experience would be preferred)
- Attention to detail
- Areas of interest include: online marketing/web/social media interest