We value diversity and welcome talented people from a variety of backgrounds to join us as we continue to grow and provide superior power utility construction services and maintenance to our clients. Our employees are leaders in their field and dedicated to ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
EBI is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Discrimination based upon race, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or other characteristics protected by law is not tolerated in our workplace. In addition to prohibiting such discrimination, we attempt to create an environment that recognizes the value of diversity and enhances the opportunity for success of all employees.
Shop and Fabrication Technician
The primary objective of this position is to assist the Shop Manager and Fabricator with day to day tasks. This dual assistant role includes preparing equipment to mobilize/demobilize to/from job-sites, maintain tools, equipment and inventory as well as facilitate shop, yard and facility organization and professionalism. This position will also assist with fabrication, performing any combination of the following tasks: bending, rolling, sheering, machining and basic carpentry requests. Able to communicate, follow oral and written instructions and have a good mechanical aptitude.
Must be able to work with a sense of urgency and have the ability to prioritize tasks when emergent jobs arise.
- Equip and deploy inventoried tools, equipment and materials.
- Identify working condition of tool and any missing/broken parts.
- Fill, load, and deliver lists of tools, equipment and materials for job sites.
- Assist with shop inventory control and tracking. Locate, order and install parts for tools and equipment.
- Assist Shop Manager in various duties as needed.
- Working knowledge of tools, small engines and equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems.
- Understand tool schematics.
- Ability to navigate computer to order parts etc.
- Experience in utility/construction helpful.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to operate a flatbed truck.
- Valid Drivers license
- Welding experience helpful.
- Trustworthy and dependable work ethic a must.
Must possess good manual dexterity and be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Must be able to stand for long periods, kneel, and sit for extended periods while driving, climb stairs and step ladders.
Employee will be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise and will be required to wear personal protective equipment. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time