EBI leads the industry with our thorough electrical asset life extension services. In fact, EBI was the first isolated phase bus contractor to develop and introduce environmentally friendly cryogenic cleaning for internal IPB components. This process cleans more than just the insulators; it thoroughly cleans the inside of the entire length of the bus duct system, where many issues hide. Check out the results this California natural gas plant experienced with EBI’s expertise:
• Removed braided flexible connectors at the GSU, Gen, AUX transformer and GCB
• Opened, cryogenically cleaned and inspected IPB runs and standoff insulators
• Opened, cryogenically cleaned and inspected GSU LV bushing area, Gen LV bushing area, and the Aux transformer bushing area
• Completed a final DC Hi-Pot acceptance test of the IPB per IEEE standards
• Re-installed existing braided flexible connectors at the GSU, Gen, AUX transformer and GCB
• Performed as-left torque and DLRO readings
If you have maintenance outage planned, have critical projects that require bus duct expertise, have fabrication needs or would like to learn more about saving money on your bus duct maintenance with EBI’s fleet wide service agreement, give EBI a call at 877-297-0616.