What a fantastic turnout at the 2016 Doble Life of a Transformer (LOAT) Conference held in Nashville, TN in February. It was great to see so many old friends and we appreciate the opportunity to make some new ones!
After our presentation on Isolated Phase Bus Circulating Current and Overheating Issues, we experienced an excellent Q&A session. In addition to that, just outside the conference facility, over 300 people gathered to tour EBI’s R3 Contingency Unit and discussed the importance of including it as a Best Practice improvement to power plant contingency plans for both planned and unplanned outages.
Other than Power Plant Emergency Preparedness, additional hot discussion topics included:
- Turnkey Isolated Phase Bus Duct Repair and Modification
- Complete Non-Seg Bus Duct Refurbishment
- Turnkey Transformer Change-Outs (Spare and/or MPT)
- Emergency Equipment Replacement and Repair
- Spare and Replacement Parts for Obsolete and Current Bus Duct Designs from all major OEMs
- R3 Contingency Unit Inclusion for both Planned and Unplanned Outages
Thank you to everyone who joined us and participated! The proactive business practices being taken to improve the health and maintenance of system critical electrical assets within plants is to be commended! EBI is looking forward to next year’s conference and we hope to see you there! In the meantime, if we can put our 40+ years of bus expertise to work for you, please let us know!